In addition to being the top manufacturer of iron oxide, Toda Kogyo Group is in a position to support industry throughout the world by providing unique products through its original nanotechnologies based on wet synthesis technology.This history dates all the way back to 1823 (the Bunsei period).
- TODA KOGYO CORP. established with ￥500,000 capital in Yokogawa, Hiroshima Prefecture, for
the purpose of producing and selling Bengala.
- Took over Kutsuwa Bengala Manufacturing Corp.
- Production plant of ferrite materials newly added to Hiroshima plant.
- Took over Kibi Kogyo Corp.
- October 1959
- Onoda Plant built in Onoda, Yamaguchi Prefecture.
- Equipment for production of magnetic particle materials for audiotapes and videotapes added to
- Wet coloration pigment facility added to Onoda Plant.
- Shares listed on the first section of Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- Plant for the production of ferrite materials (Otake Plant) built in Otake, Hiroshima Prefecture.
- Special facility to produce coloring materials for electronic printing added to Onoda Plant.
- Wholly owned subsidiary Toda Kogyo Europe GmbH established in Duesseldorf, Germany.
- August 1996
- Wholly owned subsidiary Toda America Inc. established in Schaumburg, Illinois, USA.
- Okayama Plant splits off from the parent company to form Toda Pigment Corp.
- Wholly owned subsidiary Toda Plastic Magnet Material (Zhejiang) Corp. established in
Zhejiang Province, China
- Deqing Toda Sanfeng Pigment Co., Ltd. established in Zhejiang Province, China.
- Equipment for production of battery materials added to Onoda Plant.
- August 2004
- Zhejiang Toda DMEGC Magnetic Co., Ltd. established in Zhejiang Province, China.
- Equipment for production of antenna sheets for IC tags added to Otake Plant.
- October 2006
- TODA Ferrite KOREA Co., Ltd. established in Busan, Korea.
- Toda Magnequench Magnetic Material(Tianjin) Co., Ltd. established in Tianjin, China.
- August 2007
- Battery materials business division of Germany's H.C. Starck GmbH purchased.
- August 2007
- Wholly owned subsidiary Toda Advanced Materials Inc. established in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
(company located in Toronto until November 2007).
- March 2008
- A patent license relating to the cathode material for Li-ion battery obtained from Argonne
National Laboratory USA.
- April 2008
- TODA ISU CORPORATION established in Kangwon-Do, Korea.
- June 2008
- Acquired the whole shares of Tokyo Shikizai Industry Co., Ltd.
- March 2010
- Toda America Inc. and Toda Advanced Materials Inc. became equity method affiliates of Toda
Kogyo, selling off part of their shares.
- October 2011
- Toda United Industrial(Zhejiang) Co.,Ltd. established in Zhejiang, China. became a consolidated
subsidiary of Toda.
- November 2011
- Approved for DBJ’s Environmental Ratings from the Development Bank of Japan.
- June 2012
- Toda Magnet(Shenzhen)Co.,Ltd. established in Shenzhen, China.
- BASF TODA Battery Materials LLC, the joint venture company with BASF Japan Ltd., was established.